Keynote & Moderator:
- Jennifer A. Dukarski, Shareholder, Butzel Long
- Russell Hester, Director of New Business Development, dlhBOWLES
- Gary Streelman, Director Advanced Engineering & New Concepts, Marelli
- Marco Bracalente, Director of Engineering Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, ZF
Around 1.2 million people are lost each year in road traffic accidents and more than 90% of these fatalities are caused by human error. Autonomous vehicles are often touted as a remedy, but recent high-profile accidents have cast a shadow over their future.
- What is the current status of autonomous vehicle safety?
- Do consumers trust autonomous vehicles?
- Should autonomous vehicles be tested to perfection before being deployed on a mass scale?
- What role should policymakers play in the evolution of autonomous vehicle safety?
- How is the insurance industry preparing for mass deployment of autonomous vehicles?